How was your experience with Magnesium Chloride?
Uses of Magnesium Chloride
Magnesium Chloride is used in the prevention of:
- Magnesium Deficiency
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Magnesium Chloride Brand Names
Magnesium Chloride may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Magnesium Chloride Drug Class
Magnesium Chloride is part of the drug class:
Magnesium Chloride Interactions
This is not a complete list of Magnesium Chloridedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Magnesium Chloride and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Magnesium Chloride falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Magnesium Chloride should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Magnesium Chloride should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Magnesium Chloride Dosage
Take magnesium chloride exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Magnesium Chloride dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Magnesium Chloride is available in the following doses:
- Calcium Carbonate-magnesium Chloride 112 Mg-64 Mg Oral Delayed Release Tablet
- Calcium Carbonate-magnesium Chloride 112 Mg-64 Mg Oral Tablet
- Calcium Carbonate-magnesium Chloride 119 Mg-71.5 Mg Oral Delayed Release Tablet
- Lvp Solution Icodextrin 7.5% With Electrolytes (extraneal) Intraperitoneal Solution
- Magnesium Chloride 200 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Magnesium Chloride 64 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Magnesium Chloride Compounding Powder
- Ophthalmic Irrigation, Intraocular Balanced Salt Solution Ophthalmic Solution
Forms of Medication
Magnesium Chloride is available in the following forms:
- Extended Release Tablet
- Injectable Solution
- Intraperitoneal Solution
- Irrigation Solution
- Ophthalmic Solution
- Oral Tablet