How was your experience with Sodium Citrate?
Uses of Sodium Citrate
Sodium Citrate is used in the treatment of:
- Urinary Calculi
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Sodium Citrate Brand Names
Sodium Citrate may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Sodium Citrate Drug Class
Sodium Citrate is part of the drug class:
Sodium Citrate Interactions
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- EPHEDRINE/SODIUM CITRATE
- PSEUDOEPHEDRINE/SODIUM CITRATE
This is not a complete list of Sodium Citratedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Sodium Citrate and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Sodium Citrate falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Sodium Citrate should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Sodium Citrate should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Sodium Citrate Dosage
Take sodium citrate exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Sodium Citrate dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Sodium Citrate is available in the following doses:
- Caffeine/pheniramine/pe/na Citrate, Salicylat Oral Syrup
- Citric Acid-sodium Citrate 640 Mg-490 Mg/5 Ml Oral Solution
- Codeine/pheniramine/phenylephrine/na Citrate 10 Mg-13.33 Mg-4.17 Mg-83.3 Mg/5 Ml Oral Liquid
- Ophthalmic Irrigation, Intraocular Balanced Salt Solution Ophthalmic Solution
- Potassium Citrate-sodium Citrate 50 Mg-950 Mg Oral Tablet
- Sodium Bicarbonate-sodium Citrate 1940 Mg-1343 Mg Oral Tablet, Effervescent
- Sodium Bicarbonate-sodium Citrate 780 Mg-1820 Mg Oral Granule, Effervescent
- Sodium Citrate 0.3m Oral Solution
- Sodium Citrate 4% Injectable Solution
- Sodium Citrate 46.7% Injectable Solution
- Sodium Citrate Compounding Granule
- Sodium Citrate Compounding Powder
- Sodium Citrate Intravenous Solution
Forms of Medication
Sodium Citrate is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution
- Irrigation Solution
- Ophthalmic Solution
- Oral Solution
- Oral Tablet